Since its formation in 1987 the AFO has gone from strength to strength. This has not happened without the constant and steady support of an Advisory Group made up mostly, in the first instance, of well-experienced festival organisers but now expanding its membership to encompass a new wave of young and enthusiastic organisers from festivals of all kinds. The AFO Advisory Group comes together once or twice a year and communicates by phone and email to help put together the Conference and to discuss crucial issues that threaten or indeed support our work as festival and event managers.
The current core AFO Advisory Group is as follows:
- Bob Adams - Arts and Event Management
- Chris Wade - Strada Music
- Dave Watmore - Crawley Folk Festival
- Dick Dixon - Warwick and Bromyard Festivals
- Fiona Stewart - Green Man Festival
- James Shepard - Larmer Tree Festival
- Jess Haynes - Association of Festival Organisers
- Jo Tuffs - Broadstairs Folk Week
- Joe Heap - Towersey Festival
- Lioux Heap - Association of Festival Organisers and Towersey Festival
- Mark Laurie - NCASS
- Sarah Bird - Just So Festival
- Simon Care - Moulton Festival
- Steve Heap - Association of Festival Organisers
- Sue Torres - Wicked Events
We also invite others from time to time, applying their particular skills to current tasks.
Feel free to contact any of them at any time. Just click on their name.