Over 250 members already benefit from:
- A reduced insurance premium through the AFO/La Playa Scheme
- Access to Members Only Resources which saves hours of research and training
- Discounted earlybird delegate rates for AFO Conference, the most useful conference in the business
- FREE Legal Advice from LSL Solicitors
- FREE Tax, VAT and accounting advice from APS Accountancy
- News keeps you informed about the Events Industry world.
- The knowledge that the AFO office is on hand to provide valuable information, data, links and contacts
- Help and advice from the AFO office. There are real people at the end of the phone or email that know the answers and genuinely want to help
- The opportunity to Ticket Swap and visit lots of other festivals
- The feeling of being in a club of like-minded people
- All Members subscribe to the AFO Code of Best Practice for Festivals
Membership is open to all types of festivals and events: to any festival or event organiser who wishes to share their knowledge and experiences, learn & teach and strive for good standards in festival work; voluntary or professionally run; any genre of music; dance, art, food, literary, children's. Whether you are a one day event for 50 people or a week long festival for 10s of 1000s, AFO is here to help and support you as an Organisation Member.
But I don't run a festival or event ...
If you are a supplier to the festival and event industry, join AFO as an Associate Member and advertise your product and services directly to your target audience.
AFO also welcomes freelancers and students as Individual Members.
"The AFO really did get me on my feet with Moonbeams…. The discussions, priceless advice, case stories (and most of all) the friends I have met, has been so important to me and helped me so much more than words can explain." Leila, Moonbeams Festival
"We have to say that we found AFO support invaluable. It was a big fest & hard work & it succeeded because of good advice!" Grand Northern Ukulele Festival
The three types of AFO Membership:
Open to festivals and events, arts development organisations etc. Any size or organisation both professionally or voluntarily run is welcome.
Aimed at anyone who works independently as a consultant, performer, organiser, tutor or advisor in arts development or is studying a related subject.
For services and companies who work closely with the Industry such as infrastructure suppliers, record companies, publishers, caterers, agents and other associations.
Membership runs for ONE YEAR from the month of joining.
Special Offer for Online Subscribers
* Pay on our website by Credit / Debit Card and save £10 on your membership fee. Select 'cheque or money order' as your payment method and we will email you the BACS details.
Need more info? Contact the AFO Office on 01629 827014.
Related Pages: Join or Renew
Our services include building responsive websites, digital marketing, SEO, social media campaigns and training, and offline promotion and print too. We are delighted to have designed and developed the website for AFO....
AFO is delighted to be able to offer to membership advice on “the money”. Our good friends at APS Accountancy in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire and Dunstable, Bedfordshire are offering a similar service to that of Jon Payn...
Eventbrite brings people together through live experiences. Discover events that match your passions, or create your own with online ticketing tools. Eventbrite is an online ticketing platform wher...
Right now, we make wristbands, passes, lanyards and accreditation, but our product range is always growing. We're usually first in line when it comes to wristbands for festivals and events, but we are finding out other...
La Playa are award-winning expert insurance brokers specialising in Arts & Events. Long-standing supporters of AFO, La Playa run the AFO insurance Scheme, offering exclusive discounted rates for AFO members. For expert ad...
Award-winning specialist solicitors for your festival or event, LSL offer advice in most areas of law including Alcohol & Entertainment licensing, Contracts, Environment and Safety. Jon Payne is a long...
Stand Out is a must-read for the active buyer in the events marketplace....