The AFO Top 10 for 2016
In the last 12 months AFO has:
1) Been represented at 46 meetings of local and national interest to festivals
2) Welcomed over 200 delegates to The 30th AFO Conference. Get the date in your diary now for AFO Conference 2017 (10-12 November)!
3) Welcomed lots of new members (festivals, associates and individuals) increasing our membership to over 250 and still growing
4) Represented the interests of you, our members, at the Events Industry Forum and All Party Parliamentary Groups
5) Worked with PRS to negotiate a new positive deal for the long-term future
7) Written dozens of articles of event industry magazines including a regular article in Stand Out Magazine
9) Re-negotiated a discount insurance deal for AFO members with La Playa, continued our partnership with LSL Solicitors offering FREE legal advice and are close to announcing a partnership with an accountancy firm offering financial advice
10) Advised our members (old and new) on almost every aspect of festival and event management
Remember the AFO Helpline is there all year round offering you support and advice. Call 01629 827014 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
AFO: 23rd Jan 2017 14:39:00
Uk Festivals Get Smart With Power And Travel
A major shift in the way UK festivals approached energy management and travel planning in 2017 has been revealed in the annual Festival & Events Industry Green Survey.
19th March 2018
Come Join The Chorus
It is with great sadness that I have to say, having heard from our friends at Chippenham Festival, that Ted Poole, organiser, folk enthusiast, MC, great chorus singer, trade unionist and all round good and kind man has passed away. Ted, with his wife Ivy, had been running folk clubs and music events in and around Swindon for about fifty years. A great supporter of local musicians, singer/songwriters and always gave great encouragement to young, up and coming artists. He will be sorely missed in the music business and particularly in the Wiltshire music scene. As Bob Berry of Chippenham Festival said, 'One In A Million'.
19th March 2018
International Women's Day 2018 - Important News
FIGHTBACK: GRASSROOTS PROMOTER Exciting new initiative from Music Planet Live and Music Venue Trust Music Venue Trust and Music Planet Live are delighted to announce a major new partnership to reinvigorate and diversify the grassroots music scene in the UK. Fightback: Grassroots Promoter is a £100,000 intervention aimed at young women who are passionate about live music and want to learn the skills to become an independent promoter.
8th March 2018
Industry Green Survey 2017 Reveals Uk Events Getting Smart With Power & Travel
A major shift in the way UK festivals approached energy management and travel planning in 2017 has been revealed in the third annual Festival & Events Industry Green Survey.
7th March 2018
Our services include building responsive websites, digital marketing, SEO, social media campaigns and training, and offline promotion and print too. We are delighted to have designed and developed the website for AFO....
AFO is delighted to be able to offer to membership advice on “the money”. Our good friends at APS Accountancy in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire and Dunstable, Bedfordshire are offering a similar service to that of Jon Payn...
Eventbrite brings people together through live experiences. Discover events that match your passions, or create your own with online ticketing tools. Eventbrite is an online ticketing platform wher...
Right now, we make wristbands, passes, lanyards and accreditation, but our product range is always growing. We're usually first in line when it comes to wristbands for festivals and events, but we are finding out other...
La Playa are award-winning expert insurance brokers specialising in Arts & Events. Long-standing supporters of AFO, La Playa run the AFO insurance Scheme, offering exclusive discounted rates for AFO members. For expert ad...
Award-winning specialist solicitors for your festival or event, LSL offer advice in most areas of law including Alcohol & Entertainment licensing, Contracts, Environment and Safety. Jon Payne is a long...
Stand Out is a must-read for the active buyer in the events marketplace....