The AFO Top 10 for 2016
In the last 12 months AFO has:
1) Been represented at 46 meetings of local and national interest to festivals
2) Welcomed over 200 delegates to The 30th AFO Conference. Get the date in your diary now for AFO Conference 2017 (10-12 November)!
3) Welcomed lots of new members (festivals, associates and individuals) increasing our membership to over 250 and still growing
4) Represented the interests of you, our members, at the Events Industry Forum and All Party Parliamentary Groups
5) Worked with PRS to negotiate a new positive deal for the long-term future
7) Written dozens of articles of event industry magazines including a regular article in Stand Out Magazine
9) Re-negotiated a discount insurance deal for AFO members with La Playa, continued our partnership with LSL Solicitors offering FREE legal advice and are close to announcing a partnership with an accountancy firm offering financial advice
10) Advised our members (old and new) on almost every aspect of festival and event management
Remember the AFO Helpline is there all year round offering you support and advice. Call 01629 827014 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
AFO: 23rd Jan 2017 14:39:00
Gdpr (general Data Protection Regulations)
Members will have read lots about GDPR over the last few months. It is shortly to become law and you need to make sure you are up to speed. By far the best advice we can offer you is to look at the website www.ico.org.uk look at their section on GDPR 'Twelve Steps to Take Now'. This is taking the words straight from the horse's mouth and there is also a questions and answers section if you get into difficulties. It is not an onerous task, for most of our members it will hardly affect us, but there are some points there that need to be noted.
24th May 2018
Everyone and their dog is talking about the new GDPR regulations coming in May this year. But very few people are offering you a concrete solution.
24th May 2018
Head For The Hills Festival Wins Id&c’s Bursary!
ID&C, the UK’s leading provider of security wristbands for festivals and live events, has announced Ramsbottom’s Head for the Hills Festival as the winner of its Grass Roots Festival Bursary and recipient of the £2500 grant.
21st May 2018
A Tax Reminder
Market stalls and caterers attract VAT!
16th May 2018
Our services include building responsive websites, digital marketing, SEO, social media campaigns and training, and offline promotion and print too. We are delighted to have designed and developed the website for AFO....
AFO is delighted to be able to offer to membership advice on “the money”. Our good friends at APS Accountancy in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire and Dunstable, Bedfordshire are offering a similar service to that of Jon Payn...
Eventbrite brings people together through live experiences. Discover events that match your passions, or create your own with online ticketing tools. Eventbrite is an online ticketing platform wher...
Right now, we make wristbands, passes, lanyards and accreditation, but our product range is always growing. We're usually first in line when it comes to wristbands for festivals and events, but we are finding out other...
La Playa are award-winning expert insurance brokers specialising in Arts & Events. Long-standing supporters of AFO, La Playa run the AFO insurance Scheme, offering exclusive discounted rates for AFO members. For expert ad...
Award-winning specialist solicitors for your festival or event, LSL offer advice in most areas of law including Alcohol & Entertainment licensing, Contracts, Environment and Safety. Jon Payne is a long...
Stand Out is a must-read for the active buyer in the events marketplace....