DCMS Select Committee launches inquiry on impact of Coronavirus on all sectors under DCMS’s remit
The DCMS Select Committee have launched an inquiry on the impact of Coronavirus on all sectors under DCMS’s remit. In particular, the Committee is interested in finding out:
• What has been the immediate impact of Covid-19 on the sector?
• How effectively has the support provided by DCMS, other Government departments and arms-length bodies addressed the sector’s needs?
• What will the likely long-term impacts of Covid-19 be on the sector, and what support is needed to deal with those?
• What lessons can be learnt from how DCMS, arms-length bodies and the sector have dealt with Covid-19?
• How might the sector evolve after Covid-19, and how can DCMS support such innovation to deal with future challenges?
The deadline for written evidence is 1 May 2020 – although they say that there could well be flexibility on this due to the pressures on organisations at the moment.
Here’s this link to the website https://committees.parliament.uk/work/250/impact-of-covid19-on-dcms-sectors/
: 16th Apr 2020 13:36:00
New Rules On Gatherings In Some Parts Of Northern England
New rules on social gatherings will be introduced in Northern England to stop the spread of COVID-19. These changes will also apply in Leicester city. This will affect any events being planed in these areas.
31st July 2020
£1.57 Billion Investment To Protect Britain’s World-class Cultural, Arts And Heritage Institutions
Britain’s globally renowned arts, culture and heritage industries will receive a world-leading £1.57 billion rescue package to help weather the impact of coronavirus, the government announced today.
6th July 2020
Dcms Covid-19 Survey Results
25th June 2020
Let's Re-think Our Sustainability Policies For 2021
With the devastating effect of COVID-19 destroying the 2020 festival season it does give organisers an opportunity to reflect on how they will recover in 2021. It also gives us all the opportunity to re-think our sustainability policies. ‘The world will never be the same again’ is a phrase often used, well it has been like that for some time.
18th June 2020