Development and Online Administrator, part-time vacancy at trac
trac wishes to appoint an enthusiastic, organised and reliable individual to assist the Company Manager and Director with trac’s development work and online presence. The ability to communicate fluently through the medium of Welsh is essential for this post, which is based in South Wales.
Job Title: Development and Online Administrator
Pay Scale: Starting salary (gross) £19000 pro rata (£11400 pa/£950 per month)
Hours of work: 3 days per week, 22.5 hours. Additional hours/days may be available in response to project work. A flexible approach to working is expected, with very occasional evenings & weekends, for which time off in lieu is given.
Contract: The initial contract for the post is until 31 March 2020, with a three month probationary period.
Pension: Statutory pension via NEST. The current statutory employer contribution 5% of gross salary, with a minimum employee contribution of 3%.
Annual leave: 25 days pro rata (15 days) plus Public Holidays
Responsible to: Company Manager
trac is the strategic development agency for Wales’ traditional performing arts, founded in 1997.
trac kindles interest, nurtures talent and presents the very best of Wales’ folk musicians across the world. We hold day courses and residential courses to help enthusiasts and professionals hone their skills and develop talent across our traditional arts. You’ll find us working in schools, in communities, on festival fields and at international showcases, helping to ensure that the traditional arts of Wales continue to enrich lives regardless of age, background, race or language.
Here’s a little more about how and where we work:
• Through our community work, trac encourages participation in the music, song and dance traditions of Wales – across the country, in both languages and by people of all ages and abilities
• Through our work with professional and aspiring performing artists, trac strives to develop the professionalism of our emerging folk scene
• At local, national and international level, trac campaigns, represents and advocates on behalf of the traditional arts community
trac currently has two full-time staff, Director and Company Manager, and a roster of freelancers who work on projects.
It does not have a central office: staff work from home, liaising regularly by Skype and face-to-face meetings. The post will require a home office, with regular days spent at the Company Manager’s home office in Barry (especially initially), therefore the successful candidate will need to live within easy travelling distance of Barry. A mileage allowance is given for travel to a workplace away from a staff member’s usual base.
As an organisation working with volunteers, amateurs, and professional performers, our work requires a willingness and ability to work flexibly, including occasional evenings and weekends in support of trac’s mission. Time off is provided in lieu of overtime payment.
trac is an Equal Opportunities employer, and works bilingually across Wales. It follows policies for the Welsh Language, Culture, Privacy, and Equalities in all its projects. You can read these policies here https://trac.wales/policies/
The role is ideally suited to a recent graduate or someone beginning a career in arts management as it is a perfect opportunity to learn how an arts organisation works from the inside. As well as administrative and publicity work, much of the work will be supporting the development of projects.
The responsibilities of this part-time post will include, but not be limited to:
• Developing a publicity schedule in collaboration with the Company Manager to promote trac’s work and projects, then posting regularly to Facebook and Twitter following this schedule.
• Maintaining and developing trac’s websites; updating the Directory and Calendar sites, writing bilingual news stories following the agreed publicity schedule, sourcing, editing and uploading graphics. Tracking site usage using Google Analytics and making recommendations for improvement.
• Assisting the Company Manager with monthly Mailchimp emails to trac’s mailing list plus additional mailshots as required.
• Developing usage of trac’s unused media resources (photographs, videos) and creating short publicity videos for trac activities.
• Researching and developing project applications and other fundraising work in collaboration with Director and Company Manager.
• Assisting trac staff and freelancers with project delivery and administrative support as required.
• Arranging quarterly board meetings and AGM: taking and disseminating minutes.
• Answering enquiries from the public and the sector regarding Welsh folk traditional arts and representing trac at events.
Education and Training
• A relevant degree or equivalent qualification or experience
• An ability to read music
• Willingness to undertake training where appropriate
• Wales’ music and dance traditions – active and historical
• Social networking applications
• WordPress websites
• Microsoft Office packages especially Word and Excel
• Data analytics
• Email packages eg Mailchimp
• Online booking systems eg Bookitbee
• Graphics software eg Photoshop
• Experience of social media marketing
• Experience of working with young people
• Experience of projects within education and/or community settings
• Working in a publicly funded sector
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent standard of written and spoken Welsh and English
• Excellent communication skills, written, oral and visual
• Ability to work within a small team, taking the lead role when appropriate
• Self-starter with ability to work on their own initiative
• Ability to manage time effectively
• Ability to drive and access to a car
• Photography and videography skills
• Commitment to empowering individuals and communities through traditional Welsh music and dance
• Flexible attitude to work
• Creative and lateral thinker
• Excellent attention to detail
• Tact and diplomacy
• Outgoing and personable across social polarities of Welsh society
• Respond efficiently to the unexpected
Ability to work evenings and weekends in accordance with trac’s programme of events
Application process & timescale
Application: CV and cover letter detailing relevant experience, together with contact details of two referees.
Applications will be assessed on your covering letter. Please address the essential and desirable points of the person specification with an appropriate example.
Only emailed applications will be considered.
Deadline: Monday 10 December at 5pm
Interviews: Monday 17 December
Start date: Wednesday 3 January 2019
AFO: 7th Dec 2018 17:58:00
Run Your Own Music Festival
Run Your Own Music Festival
6th March 2019
Attention South-east Members - Do You Write, Programme Or Perform Folk, Traditional, World And Roots Music? Do You Have A Project In Mind That Would Benefit From Funding?
Do you write, programme or perform Folk, Traditional, World and Roots music? Do you have a project in mind that would benefit from funding?
6th March 2019
New Process For Artists And Sportspeople Entering From Ireland
New process for artists and sportspeople entering from Ireland
6th March 2019
International Agf Award Winners
International AGF Award Winners
6th March 2019
Our services include building responsive websites, digital marketing, SEO, social media campaigns and training, and offline promotion and print too. We are delighted to have designed and developed the website for AFO....
AFO is delighted to be able to offer to membership advice on “the money”. Our good friends at APS Accountancy in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire and Dunstable, Bedfordshire are offering a similar service to that of ...
Two million happy customers later, we're one of the UK's largest independent ticket agencies. And still have one simple aim - getting you into the events you love. We live and breathe festivals and deliver a servic...
Hello Everyone Graham Sykes and the team in Exmouth are delighted to be looking after your Festival Portfolio policies, some of you, we have already spoken to as your policies have come up for renewal, the rest w...
The UK's leading association for independent catering businesses. Helping mobile caterers for over 30 years....
Stand Out is a must-read for the active buyer in the events marketplace....