The AFO Top 10 for 2016
In the last 12 months AFO has:
1) Been represented at 46 meetings of local and national interest to festivals
2) Welcomed over 200 delegates to The 30th AFO Conference. Get the date in your diary now for AFO Conference 2017 (10-12 November)!
3) Welcomed lots of new members (festivals, associates and individuals) increasing our membership to over 250 and still growing
4) Represented the interests of you, our members, at the Events Industry Forum and All Party Parliamentary Groups
5) Worked with PRS to negotiate a new positive deal for the long-term future
7) Written dozens of articles of event industry magazines including a regular article in Stand Out Magazine
9) Re-negotiated a discount insurance deal for AFO members with La Playa, continued our partnership with LSL Solicitors offering FREE legal advice and are close to announcing a partnership with an accountancy firm offering financial advice
10) Advised our members (old and new) on almost every aspect of festival and event management
Remember the AFO Helpline is there all year round offering you support and advice. Call 01629 827014 or email [email protected]
AFO: 23rd Jan 2017 14:39:00
This month, you can read about the new partnership we’ve sealed with HMRC to tackle incidents of tax fraud in the private security industry. In other SIA news, we have written a blog reflecting on our Manchester open day.
31st July 2018
The En Indy Awards
The story of David and Goliath is well known but the reality is that Goliath normally wins and this is reflected in many industry awards programmes. EN introduced The Indy Award recently to cater for exactly this – to allow smaller, independent organisers to compete with their peers rather than the global behemoths we know and love.
18th July 2018
The Festival And Outdoor Events Show (festout)
The Festival and Outdoor Events Show (Festout) returns with a focus on key industry training September 26th/27th, Sandown Park, Esher, Surrey
17th July 2018
30 Under Thirty
The EN 30/30 returns for its 4th outing, to recognise excellence in the next generation of exhibition professionals.
4th July 2018
Our services include building responsive websites, digital marketing, SEO, social media campaigns and training, and offline promotion and print too. We are delighted to have designed and developed the website for AFO....
AFO is delighted to be able to offer to membership advice on “the money”. Our good friends at APS Accountancy in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire and Dunstable, Bedfordshire are offering a similar service to that of Jon Payn...
Eventbrite brings people together through live experiences. Discover events that match your passions, or create your own with online ticketing tools. Eventbrite is an online ticketing platform wher...
Hello Everyone Graham Sykes and the team in Exmouth are delighted to be looking after your Festival Portfolio policies, some of you, we have already spoken to as your policies have come up for renewal, the rest w...
Right now, we make wristbands, passes, lanyards and accreditation, but our product range is always growing. We're usually first in line when it comes to wristbands for festivals and events, but we are finding out other...
Award-winning specialist solicitors for your festival or event, LSL offer advice in most areas of law including Alcohol & Entertainment licensing, Contracts, Environment and Safety. Jon Payne is a long...
Stand Out is a must-read for the active buyer in the events marketplace....