Project Manager (A Greener Festival) - Event Sustainability - Queens Platinum Jubilee Pageant
Would you like to play a crucial role in improving the sustainability of a large-scale event taking
place in 2022?
The Platinum Jubilee Pageant Ltd. has been set up to deliver the pageant taking place on Sunday 5th June 2022. The Pageant will run through the streets of Central London and include around 5000 performers from across the UK and the Commonwealth. Content will include street theatres, sculptures, costumes, music, and more.
The organisation behind the Platinum Jubilee Pageant is looking for a highly motivated and organised candidate to join their Sustainability Team as Project Manager â€“ in a role working directly with the Sustainability Director, managing all aspects of the events sustainability policy, strategy and actions in environmental and social impacts, liaising directly with the Project team and all stakeholders.
As a team and an organisation, we are committed to Equal Opportunities, and would welcome applications from all sections of the community, particularly those currently underrepresented in the arts.
If you do not have the qualifications or experience stated but you still think you are right for the role please do apply.
Job Title: Project Manager â€“ Event Sustainability
Reports to: Sustainability Director
Summary: You will be responsible for managing delivery of projects under the responsibility of the Sustainability Department of the Queens Platinum Jubilee Pageant, from planning through to completion. You will work closely alongside other Company Departments, the Sustainability Director and team to ensure projects are planned, coordinated and executed on time.
- Meeting with top management and clients to identify project requirements, delivery timelines and costs
- Track delivery of the project including costs and timescales in order to deliver high-quality solutions on time and on budget
- Report and escalate to the head of projects
- Lead the development of project plans to guide the management team, identify project tasks, deliverables, milestones, and resourcing requirements, revising and reviewing based on changing needs and requirements throughout the project delivery
- Keep project plans, records and paperwork up to date and organised.
- Monitoring sustainability team performance to ensure timely delivery of project plan milestones.
- Ensuring KPIâ€™s set by management / sustainability departments are on track, if there is any doubt that it will be missed, Sustainability Director is to be kept informed.
- Assist the team with Sustainability duties such as guidance documents, data gathering, company policies, etc
- Compiling and submitting project status reports to management and other stakeholders
- Working effectively with relevant stakeholders and sustainability team for efficient project implementation
- Minimum 3+ years relevant Project Management experience.
- Prince II or equivalent qualification.
- Successful track record in project delivery and managing various stakeholders.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills at all levels
- Self-motivated and resilient.
- Hardworking, flexible and reliable with excellent attention to detail.
- Adaptable and works well under pressure.
- Excellent relationship management skills and collaboration skills.
- Have a good knowledge of Microsoft packages and excellent Excel skils.
- Excellent knowledge of Project Management tools and software.
- Have a good knowledge of Event Management and Sustainability Principles
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage your own work load
- Excellent presentation and networking skills with the ability to deal effectively with a range of audiences and stakeholders
Why you should join us: You will become part of the team weaving social and environmental sustainability into the culture of the Queens Platinum Jubilee Pageant, with a supportive leadership team and smart teammates who care and want to make a difference. You will work with people you can learn from and teach. You will get the chance to grow and develop your skills and capabilities, whilst positively shaping a monumental event for the UK.
You should apply if: What we are doing here at for sustainability of the Queens Platinum Jubilee Pageant excites you! You are eager to have a real positive impact on the sustainability of the event and experience of all those who participate. You are a dependable team player. You have a â€œHow can I helpâ€ approach to work. You want to share your expertise and your value.
Job Duration: 4 days per week, October 21 â€“ July 22
Experience & Qualifications:
- Project Management: Min 3 years
- Sustainable Event Project Management: 1 year (preferred)
- Previous experience in the Events sector
- Prince II or equivalent Project Management qualification.
Office Location: Covent Garden, London, UK
Work remotely: * Yes, optional
If you have any questions about the role, our team, the wider organisation or the application process you can book at 15min chat with one of the team via the link here. You might want to find out more about the kind of work we do, or just ask a quick practical question about the application process. Send your CV and cover letter to [email protected].ÂPrevious Story: You Might Still Need Funding Support.Next Story: Sidmouth Festival